Saturday, June 27, 2009

sweetpotato&pecan

After coming home from finishing my jogging session with my homeboy Rilly, I get a call from him asking if I was hungry... DUDE! I'M ALWAYS HUNGRY! So he decides that we should eat Jamaican food. Being that I never tried Jamaican food before, I was excited to nibble on some.
So he prints out directions for this place called Sweet Potato & Pecan. It's a very tiny spot. you could definitely pass it if it weren't for the red on the wall. We parked across the street and headed over. The menu was up on the wall and there wasn't really much to choose from. I asked the cook what he would recommend but he was definitely no help.
Rilwan already knew he wanted Ox-tail. I went for Goat Curry (I'm not a fan of ordering the same dish). The cook time took a while... about 30-35 minutes. We finally got our order and ate outside.
For the price that we paid for, we could have gotten two meals. It was really disappointing. A fail for the books. I wanted to kick Rilly but it was his first time there too so I couldn't get mad at him hahaha. Anyway... never again... at Sweet Potato at least.

i thought it was CUISINE.
front
menu
pies
goat curry
my boy Rilly and his ox-tail

WOMP WOMP!

No comments: