Monday, June 22, 2009

vietnamese

I picked my dad up today in Newark Airport a few hours after i got my fresh cut. He came from the Bahamas. He and my sister performed at a Philippine fiesta going on over there. I asked him how his Father's Day was and all that stuff. All he really wanted was to go somewhere to eat. Minado? naaaah too far. Cuban Pete's? naaaah too typical. So he asks Do you want to eat Chinese, Indian, Japanese,Viet..... The second his tongue pronounced the V, without hesitation, I said BINH DUONG.
Binh Duong is a traditional Vietnamese restaurant located on 61 Belleville Ave in Bloomfield. It's in the East-West market area. Don't let the small, unwelcoming look deceive you. The food here is, without a doubt, well worth it. Very cheap and served asap.
It isn't the biggest restaurant in the world but it sure will put the biggest smile on your face. A budget friendly place. It has about, at most, ten tables. Not too bright and not too dim inside. They get right to the point. Check it out.

Cha Gio x2
mini fried Spring Rolls filled with shrimp and pork
Served with lettuce, mint and fish sauce.
my order: Bun Cha Thit Nuong
Vermicelli with grilled pork and spring roll
Served with shredded lettuce, cucumber, bean sprouts, mint and crushed peanut.
mom's order: Pho Xs Lua
House Combo Pho combination of rare and well done beef, brisket, tendon and tripe.
dad's order: Pho Ga
Chicken Pho
concentrating
chopsticking
devouring
My 2nd order =)
Rice Noodle with shrimp and pork
yummy in my tummy
dad's like "damn, i'm paying for this?"
HAPPY POST-FATHER'S DAY, DAD!

No comments: